How to maintain an oily free makeup that lasts all day
Ain't we all that girl who suffers from our makeup that fades after 3-4 hours of application and end up with oily T-zones? Here are quick and easy tips that will make your make up last longer on your skin, shine-free.
1. Prep with primer. For a fresh and dewy complexion that truly lasts all day, always prep with primer before applying foundation. Look for a primer that contains silicone (the key ingredient in most long-wearing formulas), which will act as a barrier between humidity and your skin.
2. Choose a silicone-based foundation. As with primers, silicone-based foundations are truly the longest wearing and the very best option when met with moisture.
3. Cream, please. Play off the heat and use a cream shadow and cream-based blush instead of powder versions. Cream products give you a nice, natural looking glow and they won’t get cakey. Look for long-wear versions for added insurance.
4. Use a waterproof concealer. If mascara is the only waterproof product in your makeup bag, then it’s time to do a little shopping. A densely pigmented, waterproof concealer will hide dark circles and blemishes, even in extreme heat.
5. Mind your lashes. For lush lashes and liner that won’t run, use a waterproof liquid liner and waterproof mascara. Raccoon eyes are never a cute look.
Bonus tip: Since heat and humidity usually entails sun, don’t forget the SPF! I also always keep some blotting papers in my bag to deal with shine. If you start to sweat, piling on more powder will only look cakey. Don't forget to subscribe ;)Like what you read? Follow us on twitter, Lookbook and Instagram, and like us on facebook for more on this topic!